Saturday, January 8, 2011

Preperations for Phase 2

It took me a while to get as far as I have but I still have a long way to go. Even with my glorious break from academics, I've been attempting to get further along with my seminar projects since I had what I'd kindly call "a late start." But that is all behind me now and I'm glad it is. I got my bearings, now I need to accomplish my goal.

100 pictures for 100 captions.

Despite my set goal, I will probably be making much more art than I need for the sake of being able to pick the best from the best. Although I have plenty of artwork made and finished, some of the earlier pictures no longer have a place with my ever changing thesis and so I have much less to work with than I originally thought. I am able to salvage what I can, but I'm still in a spot now where I have to make images and make quite a bit of them.

All other personal pursuits like the Plastic Beach series that I started close to a year ago will be placed on hold, but there is always a chance I could make another one by complete chance. After all, I am making more than I need. As for the Gundam model, well it's finished. I'll post more about that later.

In theory, making 100 random images should not pose too much of a challenge. I'm hoping I'm right about that because next semester's work load is much more on quantity with more classes to worry about and an independent study for writing. However, I'm not looking for a mercy angel just yet so I'm still hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment